Nigerian afro-pop singer Yemi Eberechi Alade, known as Yemi Alade has signed a global licensing agreement with Universal Music Africa (UMA) – Universal Music Group’s West Africa affiliate – in partnership with Universal Music France (UMF).
What Does This Deal Mean?
- Under the multi-year agreement, UMA will serve as the recorded music partner for the Johnny crooner and her record label Effyzzie Music Group, while UMF will serve as the international roll-out partner for the project.
- This agreement further shows UMG’s desire to strengthen its hold on this part of the continent through UMA, this time by building upon Yemi’s achievements in the industry and across Africa so far.
Highlights of Mama Africa’s achievements so far in 2019
- It’s been a solid year for Yemi Alade who in January, became the second Nigerian artist to reach 100 million YouTube views on her hit single ‘Johnny’.
- She is also the first African female entertainer to hit 1 million YouTube subscribers.
- Further, she released her fourth studio album, Woman of Steel a few weeks ago. This came after she featured in Beyonce’s album, The Lion King: The Gift
Yemi Alade is one of the few artists in the history of African urban pop music to reach such a high level of popularity. In short ‘she don make us proud.’ We hope this new phase of her career helps her reach even greater heights.